Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pineapple Thingamabob

I went to Home Goods last week because some evil force was telling me to and I tried really hard to resist, but let's face it - I'm weak! I think it was the same evil force that tells me to eat chocolate! I think I need an intervention, but that's a whole 'nother talk show!

Ok, so I went to Home Goods and spotted this pineapple thingamabob and knew I had to have it!!


The color? Not so much, but the price pretty much sealed the deal.


It reminded me of when I went to Disneyworld and saw this:


It was one of those architectural pineapple things and I just had to take a picture of it, even though it meant pretty much climbing in some bushes. Oh, Elijah's dad must've been so embarrassed! =)

Anyhoo, the color wasn't particularly awful, but I knew it wouldn't match the rest of the decor that's going on in the bathroom. I got this bright idea to paint it a glossy white because I wanted it to make a statement, but when I put it next to my Ballard Designs knockoff, it just looked so wrong.


Ah, who am I kidding - bring out the stain!!

Before I show you the after picture, can I just say it was a pain in the butt to get in all the nooks and crannies?! It sure was worth it though. Now it matches perfectly with my Ballard Designs knockoff!


I made sure to leave lots of stain on because I didn't want the piece to just look 'old' - I wanted it to look oooooooolllllddd!


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


1 comment:

Heather Henderson said...

i have a weakness for pineapple thingamabobs too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails