Sunday, December 20, 2009

Countdown to Christmas!

What is the best present for a Christmas enthusiast, you ask? How about a handmade advent calendar? Or if you are strapped for time, like me, you can make a semi-handmade advent calendar =). My advent calendar started with the Karen Foster Design countdown calendar , which is so simple to decorate! Just get 5 or 6 coordinating scrapbook papers and some other embellishments. Cut the papers down so they are a little bit bigger than the boxes then move them around until you have an arrangement you like. I suggest taking a picture just in case the dog hits it with his tail or the kids decide to 'help you out' =) :

Now you are ready to embellish away! I found that the best way to really make the paper stick is to use spray adhesive (non-adjustable), then use an X-Acto knife to trim away the excess. There are endless possibilities to what you can create, but this is how mine turned out:

I sure hope my friend likes it as much as I do!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails