Friday, March 26, 2010

Candlestick Pedestal

So, this project is all over blogland and is definitely not original, but here is my take. I got a silver tray and a candlestick for $1 each at the thrift store.


I have to admit there was quite a struggle going on in my brain about the candlestick because I LOVED the patina. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but it had a tinge of red which made it look kind of rusty. I *seriously* took several days to decide if I should paint it or not, but in the end the candlestick lost the battle.  I loved the shape and knew it would be perfect for my project.


So I took a deep breath and primed it then painted it a glossy white. No turning back!


After waiting for the paint to dry and giving the tray a nice little scrub, I attached the two with some epoxy and voila!


Project total: $2!!!!


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special







6 comments:

angie said...

Cool! I see pieces like those all the time. Should snap up a few one day.

Low Tide High Style said...

Your decision to paint the candlestick was a good one, it looks beautiful with the lovely silver tray on top!

Kat :)

Anonymous said...

Your creativity amazes me Ali!

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, what are the odds that I found the same plate at my GW?? Check it out: http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/03/thrift-store-transformations.html
Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

This is so pretty! Wow it's amazing how far $2 will go!

I'm featuring a necklace tutorial and giveaway. I'd love it if you stopped by my blog!

KimMalk said...

It's as pretty as can be - really makes a simple apple a focal point :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails