Remember my recent post about the starfish and picture frames? I wasn't going to do anything with them until after I moved, but Elijah is with his grandpa all day today so I figured I might as well get something accomplished!
So, I started by using some spray adhesive to glue some white cardstock onto the back of the $1 (yes, $1!!) frames.
Next, I measured and cut out some burlap about an inch smaller than the cutout for the frames.
I frayed the edges a little bit by pulling out 3 strands on each side then I put a little dot of hot glue in each corner so it would stay in place. I didn't glue the whole thing down because I wanted to be able to move it around since it's really hard to get burlap straight.
I really wasn't crazy about the corners...
So I came up with a solution to cover them up and add a little bit of shine.
Muuuch better! Now you can't tell the corners were missing a little sumpin' sumpin'.
Next, I just glued the starfish in place and popped them back in the frame.
I love how it looks like the starfish are dancing! This was such an easy and cheap project and didn't take long to make at all!