As you can see, the corner of the top left drawer broke off in transit and one of the drawers split too. It's not the highest quality dresser (we're talkin' particle board drawers. Eek!), but it was free so I can't complain.
I didn't take any pictures of the painting process because it was pretty straight forward. I just did my signature (that sounds so fancy!) combo of Behr's Lucky Bamboo topped off with Minwax Early American stain and some poly. Then I slapped the mini picture frames on the drawer fronts and topped it off with my cubby and I ended up with some super duper craft storage!
So maybe that doesn't sound very exciting, but if you saw my 'craft storage' from my last place, you would understand why I'm so excited over this. We had a little nook with some random shelves that were falling apart and I hid it all with a curtain on a shower curtain rod. And since nothing was actually organized, I had a tendency to just leave things out which made for, ahem, a little bit of a mess.
I just love how the picture frames add a bit of whimsy to an otherwise boring dresser.
As you can see, Elijah got to the '1', but I was able to rescue it before he tore it to shreds.
I didn't have as much luck with the corner of the drawer. I had my dad glue it on, but you can definitely tell it broke off! And I didn't put as much stain on it as the rest of the piece. Oops!
But overall, I love how it turned out and think the 2 pieces look like they were meant for each other. It's true love I tell ya!
Ok, so the crummy part about this project is that my 12x12 scrapbook papers don't fit in the drawers! Ha ha. But it's ok because I have plenty of other items to fill the drawers with =)
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I bought the basket-type thing (hanging on the wall) at Z Gallerie a few years ago on clearance for $10 bucks!