Thursday, August 27, 2015

Good Buy: Galvanized Bowls

As I've mentioned probably a gajillion times by now, I love getting good deals. It make my heart happy and fills me with pure joy, but I realized it makes me even happier to tell people about my awesome deals, which is why I decided to share them with you fine folks.

The two stores I score the best deals at are Kohl's and Sears. I don't know how it happened, but I randomly started receiving $10 off coupons in the mail for Kohl's. The great thing is that the minimum purchase is $10 before tax. And with Sears, I signed up for their Shop Your Way program, which is a free program where you earn points for every purchase you make. They email offers fairly regularly, although I tend to just use the deals where the minimum purchase is low. JC Penny also mails out $10 off a $10 or more purchase coupons, but those tend to be a bit more sporadic.

So, moving on to the Good Buy, I received a $10 off coupon from Kohl's a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to go shopping (they usually mail it several days before it's valid). I usually hit up the jewelry section first, but I didn't find anything there, so I moved onto the home section. I've really been into galvanized metal lately, so I was super excited when I found some galvanized metal strap bowls.


Would you guys believe the original price was $29.99?? Maybe I'm just stingy, but I thought that seemed a little steep. And for reference, the bowls measure 12.25" wide by 4.5" high. Fortunately for me, they were half off at $14.99, plus, I had the $10 off coupon. On top of that, they were having 10% off 'Save the Tax' sale, so with tax, the final price was $4.85. My mom told me I could have her coupon, so I went back to get the second one the next day. They were understaffed and lines were long, so on top of the sale, coupon, and extra 10% off, they were also taking an extra 15% off for the long wait, so I got the second bowl for $4.11. So, what should have cost $60 before tax, ended up costing $8.96 after tax!

I'm thinking these would look great on the dining room table, filled with mini pumpkins and little bits of chartreuse moss. You just might be seeing some pics of that in a month or two =)


What great deals have you found recently?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're very lucky. I never receive any coupons like that though there are many big sales off notifications every day.

English Certification

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Really? That's a bummer! I wonder if signing up for their rewards program would get you the coupons?

Related Posts with Thumbnails