Friday, January 8, 2010

Ode to Stain

While perusing the aisles at a local flea market in Roseville, I found this lonely drawer, waiting to be snatched up. I asked "How much?" and the vendor replied "$5". Now, normally I am all over bargaining, but I was happy with the price and told him I would take it! There were some water marks on the top and some other imperfections, so of course I sanded and stained it, but I veered away from my usual Minwax Early American (230) and went ahead with Minwax Special Walnut (224) just to add a little variety to my decor. This is what it looked like after it was sanded and before the stain:

And this is what it looks like now that it has been stained. I still need to do a coat of polyurethane, but it just goes to show the wonders stain can do. I think this will be perfect for storing all of my board games!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails