Monday, June 7, 2010

A Few Great Finds

This weekend, my sis and I decided to go to a yard sale on a whim. She had her son and was babysitting our nephew and I had my son too. We packed them all in the Highlander, which required us to slam the doors shut then lock them. Yep, we were determined. We had no idea what to expect. Her boyfriend called her from the road to tell her about this yard sale that was about 30 minutes away and we trusted there would be good stuff.  I have to say my most favorite thing I walked away with was this awesome chippy drawer that I got for $5.


Don't you just love it? And that keyhole? I'm in love! Here she is up close.


The next thing I found was this:


It may look like great chipped paint, but in person it looks like someone attempted to prime it without sanding first and the paint just didn't want to stay on. I have no clue what I wanna do with this yet. Any ideas? I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually, but I could use suggestions. There was another one of these that I should have snagged up. It was $5 and I probably would have tried to talk them down, but the money was going towards charity so I just couldn't do it.

My last little finds were these picture frames.


The 2 smaller ones are 8x10 and I got them for $1 each. I'm guessing the larger one is 11x14 and that one was $3. I can never pass up some good quality frames!

Do people really decorate with pictures like this??


Well, I guess maybe back in the 80's?


In other news, my tv stand is almost finished! I'm just in the process of staining it then I need to do the poly. I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but it's been very hot here in Sacramento and I'm just trying to find the motivation to drag myself into the sweltering garage to finish it up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great finds Ali, I love the chippy drawer and I can see so much potential for it! Sounds like you had a great weekend! xx

Deb said...

Great finds Ali, love the chippy drawer too! We are having cold and rainy weather right now...would really love some of your hot weather, maybe send it my way please!

Adrienne said...

OOOO! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Love the drawer and the 'leg?'

Kendra@Creative Ambitions said...

Love your finds... Great pieces!! Love the chippy paint... but be careful in case it's lead base!! :)

Kendra

Related Posts with Thumbnails