Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Seashells

I made a quick little change in my bedroom and I think it looks SO much better.

I started out with these seashells I printed out from the graphics fairy...


But I knew they wouldn't be staying for long. I ended up painting a seashell blue, and adding Minwax Early American, and then gluing it to the burlap background. Even though I like the seashell print, I think this fits the look I was going for much more.


And here's a little before shot for comparison. I think the urn on the shelf looks so much better too.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I really love your coral statuary, they are awesome!! where can I get some? they would look awesome in my living/dinning room.

Beth Eaton said...

AGREE!! Love the after shot! The blue is so serene and calming.

Michael Wurm Jr said...

oh my!

i love this whole set-up. The shelf with the hooks - holding the pictures - beautiful and genius.

everything looks so nice!

{NiceGirlNotes} said...

Love it, Ali! Looks so light and beachy. Can I come take a nap in your bed? I drool on pillows, though.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I really like your framed starfish on the burlap! I am trying to figure out what to put on the walls in my newly-painted bathroom...and this may be the starting point for me!
Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails