Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Green Dresser: Take 2

Remember this dresser?


Well, it was just a tad bit too small for the area and for my storage needs, so I found this guy on craigslist.


Not the prettiest, but it's solid wood, which is a huge plus in my book. It's so hard to find solid wood furniture at a decent price nowadays.

I painted it my fave green, Behr's Lucky Bamboo, with a coat of Minwax Early American.


I replaced these old, shabby handles...


with some jute rope.


I wasn't in love with the curvature on the top drawer, so I took it out, removed the top piece of moulding, painted the inside of the dresser, and replaced the drawer with 2 baskets.


I think the scale of this dresser is much better compared to the old one.


But as much as I love this dresser, I'm already thinking of replacing it with something else! Egads!!




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

6 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

Love the color and the handles. Hope the rest of your week is great.

lauren @ West Furniture Revival said...

love the color and the handles are to cute!!!

Joselyn said...

It turned out so beautiful. As creative people, I think we are never satisfied and always looking for the next project to conquer. That's how we continue to master our craft. I get it!

Mimi said...

Well I love both of your dressers and love the color! The jute is a really nice touch

smsmia said...

i like it so mutsh :)

Lucy Designs said...

well, I'm loving everything about this! the baskets, the rope handles and I'm so writing that color name down...love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails